Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rainbow Mittens

Just in time for the snow, I have finished working on my rainbow mittens!  I love how they turned out, and the colour of them is perfect!  I love rainbow colours so much, and these just feel like the perfect amount of happiness on a cold winters day.  The cuffs on them are also double cable which is a really nice touch. I have also worn them out a few times, and they are nice and warm. 

I started them when my husband and I went to Spokane for the September long weekend.  I got the yarn from Zellers on sale, as they are going out of business, and thought it would be a fun quick project.  I used Bernat mosaic yarn in psychedelic.  I could have used just one skein, however I wanted to have matching thumbs, so I needed another skein to get some more yellow for the other thumb.   The pattern I used was top down double cable mittens which I got when I took the course at Make One Yarn a few years back.  (They have new ownership, so I don't know that this class is offered anymore.)  I liked the pattern so much I wanted to make it again.



1 comment:

Melony said...

Love these Jenn. They are so fun