Friday, January 7, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Ok, so I haven't posted in forever.  But that's because I have been busy making things.  For Christmas I wanted to make a bunch of gifts for people as I thought it would be fun, and that I would have lots of time to do them.  Well by the time Christmas came around, I swore I will never do that again.  However I am fairly sure that by next year I will have forgotten how stressful it was and will try to do it again.  Oh well, live and don't learn.
I also wanted to make some homemade decorations for the house.  I only managed to do one of what I wanted to, but it was a big job doing them.  I was looking at one of my favorite blogs How About Orange  and found this tutorial and just had to make some.  They were quite a bit of work but turned out great.
We have the hanging lights from Ikea and they made the perfect place to hang them off of.  In the instructions it said to use double sided tape, but I found that they kept unsticking.  Eventually I just taped them together with regular tape. 

I am hoping that they will keep until next year.  I would love to put them up again.  I will have more posts about what I have been making!

No comments: