Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chair Cushion

We have this chair in our living room by the front door that had a chair cushion that did not match anything we have, and was getting old and ratty looking (I think my mom said she bought it in the 80's!).  So this definitely had to be fixed.  After I made the Butterfly Specimen Case I decided that our living room will have a butterfly theme.  So I found this Micheal Miller fabric Wings of Peace on the online store Tonic Living, and ordered some.  I was going to wing it and make my own pattern, but when I was at Fabricland I found this Burda pattern (#7899) I decided I was going to use it instead.

Of course I had to make some adjustments to the pattern.  The seat of my chair was different in size so I had a few adjustments there.  I also really like the look of piping on chair cushions, so I had to learn how to do that and apply it to the cushion pattern.  I really like how it turned out in the end.

The Chair with the old cushion
The after photo.  The butterfly pattern is so happy looking!
The corner detail.  It fits snugly between the chair back posts

It stays to the chair with a couple ribbons

I had to change where the zipper went to allow for the cording

No comments: