Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Entrelac Scarf

For Christmas my husband bought for me lessons on how to knit entrelac.  I was wanting to do this last year but the class was on my birthday, and when I finally decided I didn't care and wanted to take it anyway it was booked.  So I was super excited to be in the class.  The class was at Make One Yarn Studio here in Calgary.  I have taken a class there before and it was awesome and I would highly recommend anyone taking classes there! 
We made a scarf for the class, which I know that making scarfs sometimes can be boring because they take forever to complete, but I find it is a good way to learn how to do something as you have to keep doing the same thing over and over again.  I made it using Tanis Fibre Arts Green label aran weight yarn in buttercup and jewel.  I have to say I love this yarn!!!!  Working with it was so nice on the hands and I never want to use acrylic again (even though I know I will).  I am trying to think of other projects I just have to make so I can use more of it!
The colors are perfect for spring!

The weaving looks so neat and is not too hard to do.

The back side of the scarf.  Really cool as well.

1 comment:

theyarngeek said...

It looks beautiful! Mine is still coming along... I will post it on Ravelry when I'm finished. Now I wish there were an Entrelac Hat Class as a follow-up... ;)